When Northfield Precision was founded by William A. Steffen, Murray Farber and Robert Levy back in 1952, the first products manufactured by the company were micro spin bearings, precision gear blanks, precision shafting, precision limit stops and miniature slip clutches for the electronic industry. In 1959 Northfield Precision became a public corporation.
In 1962, the first precision air chuck to 0.0001 (2.54µ) total indicator reading was introduced to the machine tool industry. Along with the introduction of this chuck, Northfield’s founders insisted that quality and service would always be the top priority of every employee. Based on this overarching commitment, Northfield Precision flourished and became the company that engineers and manufacturers throughout the world have come to rely on for precision products, smart solutions, superior service, and consistent support.
Northfield Precision now occupies a 15,000 square-foot manufacturing facility with state-of-the-art production machinery. The facility also houses the company’s design engineering and customer service departments. In anticipation of future growth, Northfield also owns an additional 10,000 square-feet of space.
While William A. Steffen, Murray Farber, and Robert Levy might never have envisioned Northfield’s product depth and global breadth, they would be proud to know that they set the standard for the company’s success as every Northfield employee continues to reflect the founders’ unwavering commitment to quality and service.